Height Requests

The Email

So I received this email the other day:


Yes Ally, I absolutely can.

The Transformation

First, we will need to start with the Quick Select tool. We will only need to select her dress and above.


From here, just Ctrl-C the selection, make a new layer, and paste the selection into the new layer. Resize to make slightly larger.


Because the resized dress did not immediately blend with the lower layer, I needed to use the Smudge Tool to blend the two dress layers. I also needed to mask her arms and replace them with differently positioned arms that made her new height seem a bit more "natural." I covered them with arms from a stock photo.


The Final Result

While this is obviously not a serious edit, it actually didn't turn out too terribly. Of course, there can still be much more improvement that can be done with more time and experience. Such elements for improvement include more consistent skin tones, more proportional arms and legs, etc. This was probably one of the most challenging edits I've had to do and I've learned quite a lot from it - much respect for those that do this on a daily basis!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jet Skis vs Bikes

Cropping Singapore

The Colors of Nature Valley