The Colors of Nature Valley

The Setup

For this assignment, we needed to take a picture of an object or scene with inspiring colors and use InDesign to create color swatches. We then use these color swatches to format personal name tags. I chose to take a simple picture of a Nature Valley Granola Bar that is always passed out at the morning kiosks. I opened it up in InDesign and I think it generated some interesting color choices. Out of all the colors it gave me, I chose three: grape, forest, and lemon. For the tints, I used the following values: 100%, 75%, and 35%.

The Result

The colors generated were definitely cool choices. I specifically chose the bright color pallet as that seemed the most visually appealing of all the variations. The name tag variations all look pretty visually pleasing as well. My favorite I think would have to be the last one. However, reviewing my work, I feel like the deep green is a bit too green. I don't think it's off-putting nor completely dissonant from the other two colors, but it definitely doesn't seem like the right tint of green. I think I'll need to play around with this color to get it just right.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jet Skis vs Bikes

Cropping Singapore